SENIOR MANAGER, CONTENT LICENSING
JOB TITLE: SENIOR MANAGER, CONTENT LICENSING
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading audio streaming service to access, discover, and listen to favorite songs & Podcasts across languages and genres. We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experience. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr etc.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
We are looking for a smart and motivated individual to play a key role in supporting the Content Licensing team at JioSaavn. The candidate needs to have relevant experience in negotiating and closing licensing terms with labels and publishers with the corresponding internal teams.
The candidate should be able to work efficiently and independently to manage a high volume of tasks and projects, react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround and think creatively and proactively to solve business problems that affect people within the group or other related groups. The candidate also needs to give great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines,have ability to multitask and have a high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
● Negotiating and Acquiring content for JioSaavn.
● Working closely with the content partners across the country and RoW for best deals and
maintaining ongoing relationships with them.
● Collaborating with the internal and legal teams for various licensing agreements.
● Keeping oneself updated on various catalogue content and new releases in Hindi, English and
Regional Indian languages in order to suggest the correct placement of content on the JioSaavn app.
● Working on acquiring executive content by putting efforts in special marketing tie ups to increase
usage of the content.
● Designing the content dashboard for product and content partners.
● Supporting the data representation of monthly usage reports and accounting reports for all our
● Minimum 8-10 years of experience in working in the music industry, preferably in a similar role.
● Strong knowledge of music publishing/licensing matters, although no legal qualifications are
● Understanding of the digital music landscape, streaming services and industry best practices.
● Proven ability to quickly understand and learn new skill sets and areas of practice.
● Comfort with analyzing and interpreting data to make licensing recommendations.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
● Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
● A love for music, technology and an insatiable desire to learn.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously to make a difference in the way the world experiences music.