SENIOR ASSOCIATE/ASSOCIATE MANAGER, MUSIC PUBLISHING
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ASSOCIATE/ASSOCIATE MANAGER, MUSIC PUBLISHING
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading audio streaming service to access, discover, and listen to favorite songs & Podcasts across languages and genres. We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experience. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr etc.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
We are looking for a smart and motivated individual to play a key role in supporting the Music Publishing at
JioSaavn. This role will involve working across the Content, Legal and Finance teams to collect and analyze
relevant data, track the status of various music publishing licensing agreements, develop reports for
stakeholders, perform general tasks such as calendaring, filing and budget tracking, and coordinate various
administrative matters directly with the business group.
The candidate also needs to be client-service oriented, give great attention to detail and have a high level of
professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
● Work on existing and new JioSaavn licenses, establish and maintain key relationships with the
important rights holders and help in closing publishing licenses.
● Work with and support the internal teams on Legal, Licensing and internal financial controls.
● Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on strategic music publishing projects and advise
them on identifying licensing gaps and needs.
● Support the publishing team in negotiating deals, including the securing of public performance and
compulsory licenses for the interactive and non-interactive streaming of underlying musical works on
the JioSaavn platform.
● Duties also include the preparation of relevant historical streaming data and revenue calculations and
the review and analysis of licensing agreements.
● Work on reporting and payment requirements related to publishing, licensing and royalty accounting.
● Work strategically with the other internal business teams to ensure that the publishing licenses reflect
and accommodate JioSaavn’s evolving business needs.
● 3-5 years of experience in working in the music industry preferably in a similar role.
● Basic knowledge of music publishing and licensing matters.
● Understanding of music copyright and challenges and opportunities the industry faces today.
● General knowledge of the digital music landscape, streaming services and industry best practices.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
● Ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail.
● Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
● A love for music, technology and an insatiable desire to learn.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously to make a difference in the way the world experiences music.