SENIOR MANAGER, CLIENT STRATEGY
JOB TITLE: SENIOR MANAGER, CLIENT STRATEGY
LOCATION: MUMBAI/GURUGRAM, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading audio streaming service to access, discover, and listen to favourite songs & Podcasts across languages and genres. We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experience. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr etc.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
The Client Strategy function at JioSaavn is at the very heart of the ads business and critical to ensure digital audio's relevance in every brand's media plans. Therefore, we are looking for a passionate and seasoned
advertising strategy professional to join our team.
This is a crucial team handling role and the candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day to day brand briefs with creative and relevant solutions, guiding and mentoring the junior strategists in respective categories/accounts, supporting the front line sales team with path breaking solutions keeping in mind JioSaavn’s core product and value proposition. The candidate will play an important role in key projects for the team including implementation of best practices, market research and proactive pitches for the brands.
- Work across client categories, with emerging opportunities requiring more strategic input, and supporting in new business and growing the existing accounts.
- Mentor and groom junior strategists in the team to understand the competitive landscape, category deep dives, while working with the team to come up with innovative solutions and products that delight the brands and engage the users on the JioSaavn platform to deliver the brand objectives
- Provide enough tools and frameworks to the front end strategists to ensure consistent impactful communication in-line with JioSaavn offerings and brand value
- Work closely with the Client Strategy team lead on high value briefs and projects critical to the Brand Solutions team
- Handle the day to day operations with internal and external stakeholders to ensure JioSaavn brand pitches and solutions best in class
- Work closely with the Zonal Leads of the Sales team to understand the nuances across regions and brands and drive innovative solution selling
- Identify the requirements from the front end sales team and Zonal leads to provide enough arsenal for leading client conversations and help closing the pitch
- Develop deep understanding and comfort with data related to customer behaviour and user profiles to be able to identify the relevant insights into streamers
- Consistently work towards building a distinct narrative for “Audio First” JioSaavn solutions in the market (including but not limited to Editorial, Podcasts etc) that provide unique opportunities to brands to engage via audio mediums
- Work with the Agency Partner in the Brand Solutions team and partner their efforts towards converting big deal opportunities on strategic accounts & new labels to bring on the platform
- Must have 7-8 years of relevant experience in similar role in digital media organisation or agency with exposure of working with front end sales team in new accounts acquisition as well as growing the existing accounts
- Degree in Advertising, Marketing or Media communications is preferred
- Strong understanding of brand marketing fundamentals and strategic planning capabilities
- Expertise in working on Brand briefs to be able to create compelling story for the Brand Solutions team
- Hands on experience with audio solutions will be an added advantage
- Should have extremely high comfort with data, insights and tap into the right data for creating the high impact proposition
- Should be able to think out of the box and build ecosystem that supports and encourages innovation and creativity
- Ideally, must have handled a team before and should be able to motivate the team to work under stretched timelines with high quality output
- Should be able to wear multiple hats including but not limited to interpreting client research, category knowledge, possibilities in the digital marketing ecosystem, creating new possibilities with audio advertising and content. Willing to quickly ramp up on new learnings whenever required
- Ability to work collaboratively and build effective relationships across teams to solve and operationalize complex business problems
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously to make a difference in the way the world experiences music.